Friday, December 12, 2008

Divine

Thursday, August 07, 2008
You find deep beauty and newfound love in the eyes of a small child. She's not what you expect. She blinks away fears and the tears of sadness faster than you can say her name. She finds a sense of trust in you. Her bright smile makes your day more than anything else.
Her disease eats away one precious day at a time. But she lives each day with a fire and a fury. She knows time is but a gift. One day soon, I will have to give her up, this I know..but if I have Jesus, I need nothing else.

It stays heavy in the air. The silence is deafening. There is something about a familiar smile, an unpardoned moment that reminds you of a bright sunny afternoon in the park. Love so high you thought you could fly. A different love, something so deep it takes your breath away. He's not what you expected.
You love the Lord and so does he. He threw red carpet at your feet and shared your big moments as if they were his. But when I had to give it up, I realized...if I have Jesus, I need nothing else.

Fear finds us all. If it controls you, you can't move. You miss out. You lose. When it settles deep, you can't see the escape, the way out. The very world you live in spins out of control. You can't feel normal and no one could possibly understand. It isn't what you expected. Life isn't meant to be lived this way...
But I will give it up, and because I have Jesus, I need nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment