Friday, December 12, 2008

Up and Away

Thursday, August 14, 2008

They say laughter is medicine for the soul.

I laughed more this past week that I can remember. My mind was alive with the sound of high pitched, high school laughter coming from our van en route to Spa Warehouse. The passengers woke up as Carmen blared from the speakers (blast from the past) and at once the laughter of freedom filled the air. From the sound of Eric's voice, to all the responses "JC!" From the swaying of the van to the sparkle in their eyes.
A surprising part of life.
The stories were endless and the laughter was contagious. It followed us to the hospital waiting room where two little girls painted Kaitlyn's face with squeals of joy. The laughter of surprise was found in the doorway of the lobby during the magic show. A captivated audience with breathtaking expressions- my heart did a little jump for joy.
The laughter of unbelief escaped twice. We sat on a plane and I looked out Kim's window- we never saw that one coming. One night, my entourage brought to the room an overview of the day's events: "Can you believe that?" with little bursts of laughter through the happiness and excitement.
Oh, but the unexpected laughter is my favorite. A little girl stood before me in her cute pink mask that covered most of her face and her bald head. She certainly didn't like wearing it, but her eyes danced. Even when you know that laughter is coming, you can't replace the beautiful sight of her squinting eyes. I couldn't hear it, but I knew her laugh more than the others.

Medicine for my soul, yes, I would say I was struck with the gift of laughter. It was everywhere..when I noticed it. And it brought with it a new perspective on life.
-John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment